The Main Characters
1. Vincent McDonald - a former banker, elegant and caring in dealing with patients; experiencing a sense of duty to find the causes of suffering.
2. The Old Man With a Cane – a mysterious character out of nowhere that has many facets of talent, and practicing unusual arts.
3. Eliza - a wife of Vincent, caring, and gentle, but is gradually falling to insane.
4. PAL Banker - a former colleague of MacDonald, with a sense of humor and irony in his pocket.
5. The Patient - a character created out of the stories of others.
6. The Secretary – Vincent's assistant who working in his office and admires the works of the master at interpretation.
7. Patients - people suffering from ailments of sleep.